Doll maker Domenico Pierotti was born in Italy in 1760. He established his doll making business in London during the 1790s and was the first in a dynasty of doll makers in London. His elder son Ino [John] lived and worked from no. 21 Gower Place, Kings Cross, between 1841 and 1851. His younger son Anericho [Henry] Cephas Pierotti was born in Bloomsbury. He further developed wax modelling techniques. In the 1841 census he was listed as living at no. 17 Duke’s Row. The firm continued until 1935 when Charles Ernest Pierotti retired. The business specialised in dolls made of moulded wax, which from the late nineteenth century were sold through a number of shops, including Hamley’s and W. H. Cremer of Regent Street.