Import & export company Dimier Brothers & Co. was based in London and La Chaux-de-Fonds, Neuchâtel. The firm was first recorded in 1868 at no. 46 Cannon Street, City of London, importing Swiss watches into Britain, and exporting in return English-made leather straps for wristwatches. The firm played an important role at the beginning of the twentieth century in introducing the first modern wristwatches. The company traded under the name George Dimier from the 1920s. Dimier Brothers was voluntarily wound up in 1971.