Sculptor Aristide Luigi Fabbrucci was born around 1859 in Florence, the son Luigi [Louis] Fabbrucci, also a sculptor. His father moved from Paris to London in 1870 most likely because of the Franco-Prussian War. The family settled at Villa Florence at no. 13 Waterford Road, Fulham. His first studio was located at no. 14A Hollywood Road, Kensington. In 1884 his father became the landlord of six newly built artist studios at no. 454a Fulham Road, collectively known as Fulham Studios. He occupied one of the studios until 1903. In 1885 James McNeill Whistler, Walter Sickert, and Walter Greaves had studios there (in 1913 Henri Gaudier-Brzeska and his wife Sophie also rented a studio). He exhibited at the Royal Academy between 1880 and 1903. Fabrucci produced a number of figure sculptures to the architect Frederick Pepys Cockerell who created gallery of the Society of Painters in Water Colours. He also executed the memorial to the architect in St Paul’s Cathedral. He executed a series of portrait busts, including one of his father. He was one of five sculptors selected in competition to produce statues for the pavilions of Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow (opened in 1901). Fabbrucci died in London in 1921.