Jeweller Federico Raimondo Giuliano was born around 1830 in Naples, the younger brother of the more famous Carlo Giuliano. Like his brother he worked for the famous Castellani firm of jewellers in Rome before arriving in London. For a brief period the brothers worked together. Federico set up his own jewellery business in 1876, entering his mark at Goldsmith’s Hall from his premises no. 4 South Crescent, Store Street. He then joined together with another family member, Ferdindo Luigi Giuliano, and in 1883 the business was transferred to no. 24 Howland Street, Fitzrovia. In 1891 the business moved again to no. 49 Howland Street, and survived at this address until 1903, when it was closed down and Federico returned to Italy. Items produced by Federico and Ferdinando Giuliano are rare and are usually unsigned.